HOW TO PREPARE AFRICAN JELLOF RICE.
Rice is a ceral crop grown in most African countries .
Jellof rice is a food spacie rich in carbohydrates when consumed. It is also cooked with beans if u desire to reduce the carbohydrates content. It serves as a generally accepted food in Africa for events such as wedding, burial ceremonies which is shared to the public.
INGREDIENTS INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING
– red/ groundnut oil depending on choice
– fresh or roasted fish / meat depending in choice
– other condiments such as onions, pepper, Maggi , spices such as thyme, fresh or thin tomatoes
METHOD OF PREPARATION
* measure a reasonable quantity of rice as you desire
* parboil for at least 20minutes and pour out for washing , sieve properly to make away with all forms of dirty and stones if any
* slice your onions, your to Finally,, properly cook your Meat if you choose to make do with meat. Ensure all other condiments are made ready for use
* carefully pour reasonable amount of groundnut oil on well dried pot and steam for few seconds . carefully pour out your onions and tomato and allow to steam for few seconds after which 2-3 cups of water is been added. Stir thoroughly . add other condiments in their right proportion
Close for few minutes and taste to ensure all ingredient are added in right proportion .
Finally, pour the thoroughly sieved rice and stir carefully . close and allow to cook for 30-45 minutes before putting down . ensure all water is properly dried up.
Your African jollof rice is ready to be served.